Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Jesus is ~ Unconditional Love

One thing I love about Jesus: His unconditional love

A verse that talks about this:
Romans 8:38-39: “For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.”

How I have seen this in my own life: The fact that Jesus’ love for me is unconditional is so comforting. Romans 8:38-39 reminds me that nothing and no one can stop God from loving me. Events and circumstances in my life don’t determine His love for me. No one will ever come between us to stop His love or to convince Him not to love me. I can’t even stop Christ’s love for me. Because I am forever saved from sin and wrapped in Christ’s righteousness, nothing I say or do can make Him love me less or more. It’s not based on my performance or merits. Even when I don’t love Him as I should, Jesus still loves me. I have come to love to rest in the knowledge that nothing can separate me for Christ’s unconditional love for me. ~ Brittany