Wednesday, March 21, 2012

A Testimony on Keeping a "Who Jesus Is" Journal


After receiving the idea from Amy a few years ago, I started a “Who Jesus Is” journal. This study has been very prominent in my own spiritual growth and should be important to all believers as He is our focus, priority, and Life…”I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave Himself for me.”-Gal. 2:20 If we are to die to self and live to Christ, we should desire to learn His person for the purpose of conforming to His image. In this pursuit I have been blessed in several ways, which I hope will encourage others like myself who are striving to make Christ their total fulfillment and only necessity.

Without fail, studying Christ’s Character has increased the amount and fervency of my love for Him. As a result it has deepened my faithfulness to Him and ignited in me so much more praise. Often I think we put God in a box or see Him as we want to. Searching the scriptures to find His personality prevents this serious mistake and increases my faith and joy in Him. Getting to know Him better also helps me have more profitable conversation by sharing how He’s displayed a quality of Himself to me in a certain way. I would really encourage my sisters in Christ to make a journal of “Who He is”. Use His Word as your source…Time spent on your Savior is never wasted! ~ Anna