Saturday, March 3, 2012

Jesus is ~ Holy

What I love about Jesus: His Holiness

A verse about this:
"If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear me." Psalm 66:18

How I have seen this in my own life: There are times and choices in my life where I am tempted to "take advantage" of the mercy, and grace and sacrifice of our Lord and instead of thirsting after righteousness, I search for gratification. When I think on the holiness of our God, and his great, loving, indescribable redemption, the things of this world truly do grow dim, if even for just the time I am pondering and I am grateful for His grace to me His great worth and holiness, driving me to rest on and be confident in Him and nothing else. I'm grateful that the above verse is followed, thanks alone to Christ Jesus, by verse 19: "But verily God hath heard me; he hath attended to the voice of my prayer." Hallelujah! ~ Bethany