Thursday, March 15, 2012

Jesus is ~ All Powerful


What I love about Jesus: That He is, and always will be, all powerful.

A verse that talks about this: Psalm 62:11 "God hath spoken once; twice have I heard this; that power belonged unto GOD."

How I have seen this in my own life: Ultimately, I've seen His power first hand through my salvation. Before I was born again, reading Bible verses that talked about God's omnipotence, His supremacy, and His extreme Sovereignty would make me cower and fear, knowing what He had the power to do whatever He willed, and He would do it. It kept me awake at night, knowing that He had complete control of the universe, and had the power to end my life at any time. In the end, it was His power, that same power that I had so feared, that saved me. It was nothing that I could have done. He flooded me with conviction and a love for Him and His ways, saving me and giving me a whole new view of his magnificence. Now I look at Jesus' power as a blessing, knowing that my life and my future are solely in His hands. For a TRUE BELIEVER that is the best place to be ~ right in the center of HIS power! ~ Ruth