Thursday, March 8, 2012

Jesus is ~ Peace

One thing I love about Jesus: He is the Prince of Peace

A verse that talks about this
: “These things I have spoken to you, so that in Me you may have peace. In the world you have tribulation, but take courage; I have overcome the world.” John 16:33

How I have seen this in my own life
: The Lord has shown me time and again that true peace comes from living in harmony with Him, that it isn’t the absence of conflict but the fullness of dwelling in His presence. Over the years, He has made me content to live with a brittle bones disease. He has kept me joyful after nearly five years of living with a constant headache that no one can ease or even explain. And He has helped me to stand firm as a crisis threatens our family. The Lord has filled my life with many things I wouldn’t have freely chosen. But now I can’t thank Him enough, because through them I have come to see Jesus as my Prince of Peace. This doesn’t mean I won’t feel pain or grieve or cry out in anguish. But it does mean that no trial will ever take me beyond the reach of His peace and joy. ~ Grace