Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Jesus is ~ Truth

What I love about Jesus: His Truth

Verses that talk about this: Psalm 100:5, “For the Lord is good; His mercy is everlasting, and His truth endures to all generations.” Psalm 108:4, “For Your mercy is great above the heavens, and Your truth reaches to the clouds.”

How I have seen this in my own life: God’s deep, unchanging truth is an incredible source of comfort to me in today’s deceit-poisoned culture. All around are false ideas and concepts which go against God’s Word, whether blatantly or subtly. The fact that God is purely and wholly truth becomes a steadfast anchor amidst the sea of lies, and causes me to want to know and love Him more.
In my own life, whenever I am going through a difficult time, or having trouble understanding an issue, God’s truths are there to guide me. They are everlasting and unchanging and perfect in every way. I love the way His truth encourages, teaches, motivates, and convicts me –it’s incredible!
As a result, I have purposed to be fully dedicated to God’s truth all my days and to walk in it as it says in Psalm 86:11 “Teach me Your way, O Lord; I will walk in Your truth…” ~ Lydia