Monday, February 20, 2012

Jesus is ~ Sovereign

~ What I love about Jesus: His Sovereignty

~A verse about this:
"Behold, I am the Lord, the God of all flesh; is anything too difficult for Me?" Jeremiah 32:27

~ How I have seen it in my own life: The sovereignty of God is manifested in every last detail of my life, and that is what makes it so amazing! Jesus knows everything, has complete authority over everything, and has complete power to accomplish His will in everything! Jesus’ will is always accomplished because He is always, perfectly, in control over everything!

Knowing that Jesus is sovereign allows me to trust Him with my life- in every area because not only is He Lord over me, but He is Lord over everything else in the universe, too.

Believing that allows me to live boldly and without fear. It frees me from worry, and allows me to trust Jesus with the outcome of my life. The only thing I need to focus on is living in obedience to His will as revealed in His Word- not how circumstances in my life will work out if I do. But what I really love about Jesus’ sovereignty is that it causes me to draw closer to Him. It forces me to depend on Him, because I know that I am not in control. ~ Rachel