Thursday, February 23, 2012

Jesus is ~ Our Refuge


What I love about Jesus: He is my constant refuge.

A verse about this: "Trust in Him at all times, O people; pour out your heart before Him; God is a refuge for us." Psalm 62:8

How I have seen this in my own life: It has brought me so much comfort to know that I can go to Jesus with anything at anytime! He is just waiting and longing for me to run into His open arms and pour out my soul to Him. I've found that when life (or my emotions) is like a roller-coaster, it is more satisfying to fix my eyes on my Savior and His faithfulness in my life, than to focus on myself or my problems. And when I choose to cast my cares at His feet, my heavenly Father gives me the grace to praise Him, even when I don't feel like it. And in turn, He overflows my heart with His peace and joy! ~ Bailey