Saturday, February 25, 2012

Jesus is ~ Redemptive Love

What I love about Jesus: His Redemptive Love

A verse about this: "Bless the LORD, O my soul, and all that is within me, bless his holy name… who redeems your life from the pit, who crowns you with steadfast love and mercy…" Psalm 103:1, 4

How I have seen this in my own life: The Lord has lately been showing me how transforming it is to look at life through the gospel… I was dead in my sins and had turned away from the Living God (Rom 3:10-12). I didn’t deserve forgiveness nor could I expect to be loved… yet God looked upon me… Jesus lovingly redeemed my life from a dark pit, brought me to the Father, and set upon me a crown of His love!!!

Life seems to be on fast-forward some days and I allow my gaze to shift away from Jesus and onto myself. When I do this, I tend to shift into a “do-gooder” mindset rather than a heart that is overflowing with love and gratitude to God. Have I forgotten??? -Jesus redeemed and loves me, not because I am working to “repay” Him, not because I look like a “good person” – but because He chose to mercifully cleanse me by grace! The Lord has been using these times of quietly meditating on the gospel to kindle renewed love and joyful obedience to Him. ~ Stephani