Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Grandma's Passing

My precious grandma passed away this morning.

Yesterday was a sweet time with Grandma of expressing love (and seeing her face shape into a smile, though she couldn't respond with words), sharing the Gospel once more (and having her make a noise response in the midst), and saying goodbye. The tears flowed... she was such a source of love. 



I am so grateful to be able to trust her into the Lord's hands.

So grateful that our Jesus is ever with us and we can walk through these times with Him! He is so, so faithful!

Thank you for all of your care, prayers, and notes of encouragement!  The Lord has used you in this time as a sweet source of blessing! 

"I will never leave you nor forsake you."  Hebrews 13:5

8 comments:

  1. I so understand what you all are going through
    right now. :(
    You all are in my prayers.
    This verses was a big comfort when my dear grandmother when to be with Jesus."Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."Isaiah 41:10
    This one too is very good."The Lord God is my strength, and he will make my feet like hinds' feet, and he will make me to walk upon mine high places."Habakkuk 3:19
    Praying for you dear Amy.
    With the love of Christ,
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry you lost your grandma, Amy! I'm praying for you and your family! I lost my grandma too last fall, she was 95 years old!

    Love
    Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry you lost your Grandma, Amy. :'-( Will be praying for you and your family.
    ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry to hear about your Grandma, Amy! I will be keeping you and your family in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm very sorry to hear about your Grandma's passing Amy! I'll be praying for you.

    ~Alyssa Grace

    John 11:25-26

    ReplyDelete
  6. You and your family are in my prayers, Amy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Amy! May the Lord's presence fill you with peace as you miss someone so very dear. I'll be praying for you.
    Sending the hug I can't give in person,
    Melanie
    John 11:33-35

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want to express my gratitude for the outpouring of the care, encouragement, and prayers with Grandma's illness and passing! It has meant so, so much - and been such an extension of the Lord's grace through you.
    I am grateful for the Lord's constant grace and nearness that teaches me more of Him, the treasure that He knows exactly the circumstances we need to learn what He has for us, and the gift of loving family and friends with whom to share each phase of the journey.
    Jesus never, ever, ever fails!

    ReplyDelete