Monday, April 29, 2013

Thoughts From a Hospital Room ~ by Amy Vest

Tonight I am sitting here in the hospital with my precious grandma asleep in the hospital bed.

We received a call this afternoon telling us that my 92 year old Grandma had fallen, had a fractured hip, and was being taken by ambulance to the Emergency Room.  My parents and I packed up and headed to the hospital.  In the hours between then and now, much has transpired - tests, decisions, precious moments with Grandma, a with her talk about Jesus, and more.  Tomorrow, Grandma is supposed to have surgery - and due to her age and health condition, they are not sure that she will survive.  My heart’s biggest desire is to know for sure that she knows Jesus...   Tomorrow is a fresh day and it is in our Savior’s hands.               

These are treasures from the Lord that are ringing in my heart tonight:
~ "I've got you." was how I felt the Lord was holding me today.
~ If I have Jesus, I have all I need - in life, pain, and death.
~ Be ready to die - and prepare others to be ready to die.  Through knowing that you have been made right with God through trusting in Jesus’ death for the forgiveness of your sins and yielding your life to Him - and sharing this good news with others.
~ It is so important to be ready to share Christ all circumstances - this is fostered by walking in fellowship with Him, having His Word in my heart, and a message ready to share.
~ Life is short - a blip on the radar of eternity - in which to know Christ and make Him known.  Live it to the fullest by letting Him live in and through you.
~ Live each day like it was your last.  We never know.  I want to live each day and moment in close fellowship with Jesus, in surrender to His will, and embracing the task He has before me with and for Him with all of my heart.

Sisters, Life is short.  Jesus is all that we need in life and death.  The most crucial thing is that we know have trusted Him as our Savior of our sins and yielded our life to Him as Lord.  As we walk in surrender, He can live His life through us.  This brief time that we have here on this earth is our chance to know Him and share Him with others.  This life impacts eternity.  Let’s embrace it with all that we are.

Tonight as I lay down in the hospital recliner, I rest in my Jesus - Grateful that my life is in His hands.  Thankful that in my life, He is all - and in my death, He is everlasting life.  Longing that every moment of this earthly life will be lived with Him and for Him.

“He died for us so that, whether we are awake or asleep, we may live together with him.” 1 Thessalonians 5:10

12 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry about you Grandma's fall, Amy. I'll be praying for her and you all today.
    What an encouraging and challenging post! Thank you, you are such a blessing! :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, dear Emily! We value your prayers so much! The Lord is so faithful! You are a sweet blessing in Him. <3 I love you, too!

      Delete
  2. May His peace surround you all! John 14:27.

    Praying for strength for you,
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your prayers and the sweet verse, Melanie! His peace has been so amazing. What a gift to be His!

      Delete
  3. Precious, Amy. Thank you for your words of truth in this hard time. I love you and am praying! <3 ~Monica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Precious Monica, Thank you for your love and prayers! Our Jesus is so good! Thank you for being such a blessing. I love you so much! <3

      Delete
  4. Amy,
    I am praying for you, your family and especially your Grandma. Praying that His love, comfort and peace would surround you all and also for the strength you all need during this time.
    Blessings to you,
    Libby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Libby, Thank you very much for your prayers for Grandma and our family! <3 Jesus is so, so kind. I appreciate your thoughtfulness in prayer so much!

      Delete
  5. Hello Miss Vest,
    I'm so sorry to hear about your Grandmother's fall! I will be praying for her fast recovery, and that you and your family will be comforted.

    Blessings,
    Alyssa Grace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your sweet note, Alyssa! I so appreciate your prayers! The Lord is so faithful. We have felt His comfort! His grace is so strong! Thank you!

      Delete
  6. Your post made me cry as I read it Amy.
    You will be in my prayers.
    That you for all you do on this blog.
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Kathleen, Thank you for your caring heart and prayers! Jesus is answering faithfully! It is a privilege to seek Jesus with you on the blog! Thanks for your note!

      Delete