Thursday, September 25, 2014

Bought with a Price ~ by Ashley

“For you were bought with a price.  So glorify God in your body.” (1 Corinthians 6:20)

In the past few months, God has been taking me back to the “basics” of the Gospel - reminding me who I was before He saved me, and how His work on the cross impacts my everyday life.  I have been struck with the fact that I did not choose Jesus.  He was the One who chose me before the foundation of the world, that I might be holy and blameless before Him (John 15:16; Ephesians 1:4).  In love, He predestined me for adoption as His child through Jesus Christ.  In Jesus Christ, I have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of my trespasses.  He lavished me with the riches of His grace, and sealed me with the promised Holy Spirit, who is the guarantee of my inheritance (Ephesians 1:5-8;14).  

We are chosen.  Predestined.  Redeemed.  Forgiven.  Lavished with grace.  Sealed with the Holy Spirit.  And, my dear sisters, we are bought with a price…the precious blood of Jesus Christ (1 Peter 1:18-19).  As I spend time reflecting on how much God has done for me, and where my life would be without Him, I cannot help but want to glorify Him in my body and live in a way that pleases Him.  

I fear that for many of us, the idea of “glorifying God in our body” has been reduced to a list of rules,
standards, and guidelines.  We almost view it as a duty, or an obligation, rather than as a delight because of how much He has done for us.  The Lord has been challenging me to really stop and meditate on His great love for me – love that caused Him to give His life on the cross, in order that I might have abundant life.  Jesus Christ has bought us at the cost of His own life.  May it be our greatest joy to give Him back the life we owe in order that He might be in us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment