Thursday, April 10, 2014

Seeing and Savoring God while on the Unseen Path ~ by Nicole

“For the eyes of the LORD run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to give strong support to those whose heart is blameless toward Him.” - 2 Chronicles 16:9


Have you ever felt discouraged and unrecognized, like your actions were invisible to others?  Does God see your hurting heart and unseen circumstances?  Does he have a purpose for those seasons of invisible yet faithful ministry? These are questions that you may ask in different seasons of life and questions that are worth finding the answer to.  God may call you to a season of service to him that is not recognized by others.  Does this mean that that your ministry is unimportant or that God has put you on the back burner?  No! Take a moment to pause and ponder the reality that the God of the universe - the all-seeing and ever present Father – sees you.  Such treasures are gained when we obey our Savior as he leads us into unseen paths of service.

I am the third child of seven.  I live with my parents and six siblings, as well as two adult women who have disabilities.  Over the last few years, God brought many changes to our home.  Many of which changed our family dynamics and routines. Life sometimes felt like a whirlwind.  For many months there were times of discouragement and loneliness. Although I was happy to serve in the capacities that the Lord placed me in, many of these opportunities were unseen by others.  During this time the Lord decided to show me treasures.  The situations that he allowed humbled and strengthened me!  The Lord gently led me to great joys, and now I thank him for the rocky road that I walked with him. He showed me many things…
1.      If God is with me, I can be satisfied… truly satisfied, content and well! He’s my ever-present Father!  I grew to know him in a way I never had before.  He saw every tear.  He was with me.  He heard my every cry for help (Psalm 91:14-15). 
2.       John 15:5 says, “I am the vine; you are the branches.  Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing.” 
3.       God is working for his glory and our joy in him.  He doesn’t make mistakes and he loves his daughters too much to keep them from trials that will increase their joy and faith!

Dear sisters, life is exciting and new, challenging and difficult and constantly changing!  Never minimize his presence, his plan and his purpose in the little and big things.  Know that the approval of your heavenly Father is infinitely more valuable than the recognition of others.  Let him lead, and be prepared for a life of joy in the satisfying One as you serve him behind the scenes!
“Turn your eyes upon Jesus, look full in his wonderful face,
And the things of earth will grow strangely dim, in the light of his glory and grace.”

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this, Nicole! Amen - God "doesn’t make mistakes and he loves his daughters too much to keep them from trials"! Praise the Lord that He is gentle and all-wise in leading us through life's journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Nicole! God is working through you mightily.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Nicole, for sharing! God is working through you in many ways.

    ReplyDelete