Monday, March 3, 2014

The Relentless Love of Jesus ~ by Amy Vest



It’s a relentless, beautiful love that our Jesus has for us.

A love so strong that it will do what is best for us, not what is easiest. 

And I am grateful.  Beyond grateful.

I see again and again when I am nearest to Him is when I am the happiest.  This is what we were created for.

When life is busy and things are going well, I can still love, seek, and grow in Him – but, I know that I can sometimes release my intensity of desperation in seeking Him and slowly, unconsciously begin to drift from the nearness to His heart.
He knows that sometimes what we need is something that will remind us of our need of Him, the fact that He never changes, and that He alone satisfies.

Sometimes it is not comfortable to begin with – hard circumstances, a friend fails you, you make a mistake, the future is uncertain.  But, it is a pain that rescues and heals, as the things that don’t last are stripped away and our eyes are lifted to the One who alone is the source of life, hope, and joy.
Jesus fully satisfies.  His gifts cannot.  They are the gifts, HE is the Giver. 

Because He loves you, He will not let you settle for less than Himself.
I was recently reading Jeremiah 2:13,
“…for my people have committed two evils:
they have forsaken me, the fountain of living waters,
and hewed out cisterns for themselves, broken cisterns that can hold no water.”


He is the Fountain that alone will satisfy the thirst of our souls.  The “cisterns” (pots) of things, people, circumstances, etc. can never quench that thirst.  Only Jesus can.

So today, look.  His relentless love is pursuing you.

Lean back in it.

Rejoice.

His is a love that won’t let go.

And my heart breathes, “Thank You, Jesus.”


2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for this beautiful, refreshing reminder to REST in Christ's amazing love. What an overwhelming reality! Love you dear sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy, this is such an encouragement. We do need to be reminded of the love of our precious Lord. It is so easy to get busy and drift away from Him. I appreciate how you show that Jesus' love isn't just a "mushy", sweet sort of love, but a love that chooses the very best for us, even when that choice might be difficult for us. It is strong and incredible. I praise Him for such a glorious gift of love and for you to remind me to keep in the center of that precious love!

    ReplyDelete