Saturday, March 22, 2014

Jesus Is My One True Constant ~ by Amy Vest


There is a reality that has been so profoundly real and sweet to me this week:

Jesus is our one true constant.

Nothing and no one else in this life is certain:
~ People are precious, but they fail us.
~ Circumstances can change in the blink of an eye.
~ Health can take a turn for the worse.
~ We make mistakes.       
   
Many of these things have taken place this week.  Yes, some of them very painful, but good in that they have driven me deeply to Jesus - knitting my heart to Him as my unchanging One.

I have seen once again, that anything that drives me to Jesus is a blessing.

“...we know that for those who love God all things work together for good...”  Romans 8:28

Tonight after I said goodbye to one of my best friends who will be moving across the country, I went to my room and knelt before Jesus.  Tears streamed down my face, and in the stillness of His presence that reality was so preciously sweet - so many things can and will happen in life, but one thing is sure - my Jesus is always the same.

I rest in and treasure these promises:
“Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.”  Hebrews 13:8
“I will never leave you nor forsake you.”  Hebrews 13:5
“I am with you always.”  Matthew 28:20

When Jesus is your rock, you can be secure and satisfied no matter what life brings.
                       
“My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.”  Psalm 73:26

Tonight as I go to sleep, my heart is secure.

Tomorrow is going to be good - because my rock, hope, and source will be the same tomorrow.

Jesus is my one true constant.

1 comment: