Monday, February 10, 2014

The Love of God in Sunlight, Branches, and Shadows ~ by Amy Vest

Glancing out the window as I ran through the house on a mission, I was stopped in amazement at what I saw.

THIS:


A heart.  A heart on the snow formed with sunlight, branches, and shadows.  A heart reminding me of the Lord's love for me.  {An early Valentine from Jesus.}

As I looked at the picture tonight, a deeper meaning came.

Sunlight, branches, and shadows...

Over the past months, the Lord has shown me His love through:

1. Sunlight - the beauty of His presence in each moment
2. Branches - the reality that I am a branch and He is my Vine (John 15)
3. Shadows - the trials that press me into His heart and remind me of His matchless love

I have witnessed the reality that, in His deep love, the Lord will do just what we need to draw us close to His heart, taste His love like never before, and give us a sweeter story of His heart to share with others.

His love is a love that is deeper than we can fathom.

He is drawing us with this love.

"I have loved you with an everlasting love;
Therefore with lovingkindness I have drawn you."

~ Jeremiah 31:3

The One who is Love loves us too much to let us settle for less.


6 comments:

  1. What a beautiful post! Thank you for sharing this "valentine" as well as the lessons the Lord showed you through it, Amy. Christ's love is so far beyond our comprehension...what a glorious privilege to be loved eternally by HIM! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. His love is truly so far beyond our comprehension, Sarah! <3 There are no words to express the privilege of being loved by Jesus!!! What a treasure to soak in His love together, sister!

      Delete
  2. I love this Happy Valentine's Day from Jesus, Sis! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't He so amazingly good to us, Monica??? <3 I love loving Him with you!

      Delete
  3. What a precious reminder! Wow Jesus is incredible, His love is truly all around us! Thank you for sharing, Amy! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sweet Isabella, His love is truly around us ~ I love this verse; "steadfast love surrounds the one who trusts in the Lord." (Ps. 32:10) It is so sweet to share His love together!

      Delete