Thursday, December 26, 2013

The Blessing of Seeking Christ ~ by Sarah

Dear Sisters,

It is so exciting to seek the Lord Jesus Christ with you, and to experience the fullness of His joy (Psalm 16:11)! The Lord is our Creator and has ordained the number of days each of us have here on earth, before we enter into His glorious presence to enjoy Him forever. Think of eternity as a unending line, without beginning or end, and then try to picture your life on that infinite stretch as the tip of a small needle. Our years on earth are but a vapor in light of eternity (James 4:14)! We must embrace every breath Jesus gives us  as a precious gift, and live only for Him, for He is the only reason for living, for hope (Psalm 71:5), and for eternal joy.

I am humbled by the thought that God, Who extends even the universe we live in, stooped to write us a Letter; a manuscript, in which He describes to us His character, how He desires us to live, and the glorious story of His love for us—before we were lovable!“Herein  is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins” (1 John 4:10). It is so exciting to read His Word each day, and as I see new gems of truth, I get so excited that I love to pass on these special verses with friends and family.

2 Corinthians 3:18 promises, “We all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.” I have experienced the awe of this promise—the Word truly does change our lives. I can't describe to you the incredible blessing God gives to those who truly seek His Word ardently. A few years ago, the Lord opened my eyes to the glorious depth of His Word, and from that time forward I made a commitment to go to the Word early every morning, and learn more about Him by studying the Scriptures. This time has never returned void; I have never regretted one moment spent at the feet of Jesus. He delights to meet with us when we put Him first in our life, and you can not imagine the joy that one finds there. The life that is hidden at the Cross of Christ our Lord is one that will be overflowing with His demonstrated love.

This is true, because the Scriptures reveal to us a picture of Who our God is. The face of Jesus is sketched on each page. These glimpses of our glorious Savior cannot but fill us with an ever-deepening awe at Who He is. Our excitement as we read the Bible will mount as the days go by, and will spill forth from our lives, as a shining witness to all we meet! Jesus told us this in John 15:4: “Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.” Your face will radiate with humility as you abide in Jesus, and you will be so excited to tell others about your Redeemer. There is no way to “force” ourselves to truly love others as Christ wants us to, or make ourselves “useful to God”; this only can spring from that joy and love we find as we see Christ's unspeakable love for us!

As I have experienced the love Jesus Christ poured out to His people on the Cross, I have been spurred to share this with all know. Witnessing now is very important to me, not a scary burden. Loving God's Word really makes the Christian walk a joy to share with others. In the past, Scripture memory was a struggle for me to diligently apply myself to, but now that God has opened my eyes to its depths, I find this a complete joy and privilege. The benefits of God's Word is something I want my siblings and my friends to experience in their lives as well!

I encourage you to pour your life out in this letter from Jesus your Redeemer. Make it your very life (Deuteronomy 17:19), and you will be changed forever. Our hurting world needs those who are enraptured by the glories the Savior of the world. Never underestimate the power of simply knowing Jesus, for as you are changed by Him, others will see Him in you and desire to know Him for themselves. Share His love with your friends, extended family, to the hurting and dying, to those in the grocery story or on the streets—proclaim His goodness among the peoples (Psalm 108:3) at all times. He is worthy! He is the victorious Lamb! Shout His praise from the mountaintops forevermore!

“Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and blessing” (Revelation 5:12).

No comments:

Post a Comment