Saturday, December 14, 2013

Giving ~ by Amy Vest


Giving… Snow is softly falling to the ground this morning…

The Lord is stirring in my heart…

He is working, like a potter with clay, in this heart.

Pulsing in my heart and mind:
Being given to Him.
Letting Him give His life through me.
Giving in a daily laying-life-down way.

I read this morning, “Greater love has no one than this, that a man lays down his life for his friends.” (John 15:13)

So, I ask the Lord today to give His life through me – even when it hurts, even when people don’t care, even when I feel I have nothing left to pour out…  When I have received all I need in my Gift - “…the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.” (Rom. 6:23) - my Jesus – I can seek to give.

I am called to walk in His steps… to die to myself so that He may give His life through me.  But, I can only do this because of what He has already done in laying down His life to reconcile me to God and by what He has already given by His life pulsing in those clinging to Him in faith – I can only do this by His life and love in me.

So, as I step away from the computer to go upstairs to clean the bathrooms, to help with family needs, to go to an event and interact with people… The Lord keeps speaking to my heart that is not the doing so much as the heart attitude…    

“And Jesus called them to him and said to them, “…it shall not be so among you. But whoever would be great among you must be your servant… For even the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.”  Mark 10:42-45


My heart is asking Him to help me, to fill me with Himself, to rivet my eyes on Him and then on the needs of others, and to let His life and love pulse through me…

Will you join me?

Let’s look to the Giver, who was and is the Gift, and seek for Him to give His life through us today.

2 comments:

  1. So blessed me, Sis...<3 Reminder I needed today. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen! Loved this!! Thank you for sharing!!
    :) Rebecca

    ReplyDelete