Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Last week of the Summer Devotions Challenge!


This is the last week of the 2009 Summer Devotions Challenge, friends! (The last day is August 31st.) We love hearing your reports of what the Lord is doing and encourage you to finish strong!!!

This is a powerful testimony we received from a young woman named Emma who has been doing the Summer Challenge:

"The Lord really showed me a few times throughout this summer, that I really need to trust Him more and not rely on my own understanding and what I think is right. He also showed me that He wasn't first in my life, and that I had competing affections, mostly fictional books. After I prayed about this and asked Him to help me have more of a desire to read His word (and not other books) and seek Him more, I realized I actually started spending more time in the Bible without trying too, I started learning more then I was before, and I wanted to read more because all of the sudden it seemed easier to understand. I'm so thankful that the Lord answered my prayer, because it has made me see some things in His word and learn more then I thought I could!" :)

May the Lord richly bless your last week of the Challenge!

Hebrews 11:6, "But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him."