Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Jesus is at Work in Everything ~ by Amy Vest

Dear Friend,


Jesus is at work in everything ~
to give you more of Himself (Phil. 3:7-10)
work the character of Jesus in you (Rom. 8:29)
and pour His life through you (2 Cor. 2:14)
~ for His glory, your joy, others' blessing.

{I encourage you to pause for a moment and let this reality really sink in.}
"And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose." Rom 8:28

When I really embrace this Truth, it makes me want to embrace every moment of my life in surrendered longing for the Lord to have His way in me.

"...not my will, but yours, be done.” Luke 22:42

Life takes on a beautiful purpose ~ the happy times, the trials, the waiting ~ all present the opportunity to:
know my Jesus
become like Him
be prepared and used by Him for His glory.

"For it is God who works in you, both to will and to work for his good pleasure." Phil. 2:13

This reality is bringing me so much joy today.

I sit on my bed, needing to rest instead of taking part in an activity that was planned for today.  In this resting, He is giving me more of His heart, working deeper surrender, and preparing me for something I don't fully see yet.

And the more I receive of Him, the more I know that all I want is Him, His will, and what He wants to give me.

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope."  Jer. 29:11

May the Lord give you beautiful rest in this reality today, dear Sister!

Grateful to be in His hands together,
Amy Vest

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Amy, for this precious reminder today. Hugs to you. <3 "Teach me thy way, O LORD; I will walk in thy truth: unite my heart to fear thy name." (Psalm 86:11)

    ReplyDelete