Thursday, August 14, 2014

Called to So Much More ~ by Bella

"Well done." (Matthew 25:21) 

Aren't those beautiful words? 

For quite a while that has been one of my favorite verses.  It's given me motivation to live to hear those words said when my life is over on earth, and just always.

After my sister passed away a few years back, I've often thought, I have no idea when that might be.  I just want to be ready, whenever it is.  Whether that be tonight, or in 10 years, or in 50 years. 

A few months back I went on a missions trip.  While I was on that trip, I was reminded in such an incredible way how things of this life are just going to fade away soon (1 Jn. 2:15-17), but that which is done for Jesus will last!  It really challenged me to think about where my choices are leading me.

What if        ?
The other day the question What if            really hit me.  

What if
...today was my last day on earth......this person I'm talking to right now is going to die tonight.....I actually saw Jesus standing right here.....I could see where           (this trial, word, action, etc.) was leading me.....I was the only wholehearted follower of Jesus this person will ever see or meet.....I could see how much my sin lead to and hurts Jesus and others....Would I be different? 

Would I be more careful how I react to things, both good and bad things? Would I seek to please Jesus more? Would I use every moment to glorify Him...never wasting a moment?  How would I act?  Fill in your "what if?", and truly ask yourself, what does my life look like?  Am I pleasing Jesus living my life to the fullest?  I want to be that difference in this world....This life is so so short.  No matter when God calls me home, I don't want to regret anything, feeling I didn't live my life fully for Jesus Christ, or do enough.
So often, things can distract me from pursuing this life. Such as media, friends, clothes and outward appearance etc. We all have different things that keep us from pursuing living this life fully for Jesus and for what really matters and will last.  Our enemy, Satan, will do all he can to make us distracted.

It's so important that we keep Jesus as our focus - and what will really last!

The first step is, needing to realize what those things are that distract us and keep us from pursuing that full life in Jesus!  Ecclesiastes 10 talks all about what will happen when we pursue things of this world, and what will happen if we pursue things of Jesus that will last. "I perceived that whatever God does endures forever; nothing can be added to it, nor anything taken from it. God has done it, so that people fear before him." (Eccl. 3:14) It's incredible! 

God has so much He want's to use you for!  So much He'll do through you if you let Him!  So many incredible blessings that will last forever to those who pursue living for what will last!  "For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace." Rom. 8:6

Those words, "Well done", have probably been the biggest thing that has helped me.  They are simple, but they have been powerful!  One of my favorite quotes is, "Our life is like a dime, you can only spend it once."  Let's spend our lives wisely on things that will last forever! "The world passeth away and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth forever!"  1 John 2:17 

How?
Amy Carmichael once said, "How can we live life to the fullest for the glory of God?  It's only when our life is all about Jesus!"

When Jesus is truly what our life is all about, He is the One we are going to seek to please, and that is what's going to last, dear sister!

No comments:

Post a Comment