Monday, September 16, 2013

What has been a special Bible verse to you lately?

We would love to hear what verse(s) from the Bible has been blessing you lately!  Please share by leaving a comment below - and if you want, it would be great to hear why it has been so meaningful.  We look forward to sharing encouragement with sisters around the world from the Word of the One we love - God!


I will start us out with a few that have been really special to me lately:

"Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are mine.  When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through the fire, you shall note be burned, and the flame shall not consume you. For I am the Lord your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior..."  Isaiah 43:1-3

It brings such comfort to my heart knowing that no matter what I am facing or going through, the Lord is with me as my Redeemer, Lord, and God!

Now it is your turn - what has been a special Bible verse to YOU?

5 comments:

  1. These verses from Isaiah are incredible promises! Thank you for sharing, dear Amy. I have been blessed by these verse lately: "Blessed be the name of the LORD from this time forth and for evermore. From the rising of the sun unto the going down of the same the LORD'S name is to be praised." (Psalm 113:3-4)

    Also, I've been pondering the beauty of Hosea 13:14: "I will ransom them from the power of the grave; I will redeem them from death: O death, I will be thy plagues; O grave, I will be thy destruction: repentance shall be hid from mine eyes." I think of the eternal power that brought Life back into Christ's dead body that morning in the tomb, when His heart started beating again, and His hands started twitching...Christ was the firstborn from the dead (Colossians 1:18), meaning that we as His children will one day experience the same power of Resurrection too, through His finished work! Let us look forward to the eternal Dawning when we shall see Jesus face to face!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Lord has been laying this Bible verse and the meaning of it on my heart recently. "For whoever would save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake will find it." Matthew 16:25

    ReplyDelete
  3. Psalm 118:14 ~ "The LORD is my STRENGTH and SONG and is become my SALVATION." As I am memorizing Psalm 118, this verse is one that stands out to me and is a comfort for me cling to. With God all things are possible (without God nothing is possible), He puts a song in my heart so that I can sing in the midst of trials, and He is my salvation for Eternity!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "And THIS is ETERNAL LIFE, that they may KNOW YOU, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent." ~John 17:3 <3

    This verse has been an encouragement and challenge to me lately. <3 Life is all about knowing Jesus...knowing Him is the most important part of my existence...no matter what else happens in life...He is enough. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all for sharing these precious verses! God's Word is so priceless and life-changing! We love to hear what He is doing in your lives as you seek Him! It is a blessing and encouragement to your sisters in Him! May He bless you as you continue to seek Him in His Word!

    ReplyDelete