Thursday, January 3, 2013

The Life You Were Created to Live ~ by Amy Vest




Have you ever purchased something that came with an instruction manual?  It tells what the item was designed for, how to use it, and what the results will be if you use it correctly.  The item has a purpose, and if you want to use it to its fullest of what it was made for, you follow the instructions - Right?

It is the same with your life – which is far more important!

Jesus created you to live a life in Him that is meant to be filled with total fulfillment, joy, peace, and purpose.  Deep in your heart is a longing that Jesus placed within you that calls you to the life that He created you to live. 

We all wonder:
~ Why am I here?
~ Where will I be fully satisfied?
~ How can I find the true life that I was meant to live?
Jesus meant for us to know the answers to all of these questions. 

He created us to live a life that is:  satisfied in Him, securely based on His Word, filled with His life, and shining His light to glorify Him and impact others for Him.

Jesus is calling you personally to this life.


This life comes as you trust in Jesus to save you from your sins and surrender your life to follow Him, base your life on His Word, grow in knowing Him, and allow Him to work in you and through you!

Jesus said, I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.  John 10:10

These are essential in living the life for which we were created:
~ Jesus – You were created to know Him, receive Him as the only one who can forgive your sins, and find total fulfillment in Him – the one you were created for. {Psalm 107:9}
~ Surrender – This comes as you give your life to Him as the one in charge, allow Him to fill you with His life, and live in obedience to Him. {Matthew 16:24-26}
~ Word – The Bible is the Word of GOD, how we know Him more, and the guide to the abundant life that He created you to live every day. {1 Timothy 3:16-17}

“I have come…” – [Jesus] - Jesus is the only source of true life and the only one who can meet our deep need for forgiveness of sins.  In Him is all that we need to be satisfied.
“that they may have life…” –[Surrender] – He gives us eternal life through trusting in Him as Savior and surrendering to Him as Lord, allowing Him to fill us with His redeeming life.   His life within us enables us to live the life of joy and meaning that He has called us to live.
“and that they many have it more abundantly…” – [Word] - This abundance comes as we base life on His Word, the Bible, allowing Him to transform us, and resulting in the abundant spiritual life He has called us to that impacts every area of our life.

This is the life Jesus is calling you to!  No one is better to look to and trust than the one who made you and gave His life for you.

Don’t settle for less!  We are daily faced with the temptation and choice to:
~ Love other things more than Jesus and look to them for the satisfaction that only He can bring.
~ Live for ourselves instead of surrendered to Jesus, or to try to live partially in our own strength, rather than fully in His.
~ Believe the lies of the world, the flesh, and the devil instead of the Truth of God’s Word.

It is the daily moment-by-moment decisions that determine how fully the abundant life of Jesus is lived in and through us.  It all bears fruit in our lives – drawing us closer to Jesus and more into the abundant life He created us for, or pulling us farther away.  You were created to live an abundant life in Jesus! 


Instead, choose today to walk with Him, receive His grace, and walk in obedient faith.  Then when:
~ You begin to look to other things to satisfy you, allow Jesus to remind you of His matchless love and fulfillment, and help you keep Him as #1.
~ Your flesh is wanting to do the opposite of what you know Jesus has called you to do, receive His grace to surrender to Him and obey.
~ You are bombarded with lies, choose to reject them and embrace the unchanging Truths of the Word of God and see its results!
As you do this, you will begin to experience even more the amazing life you were created for in Jesus!

Personally, after trusting Jesus for salvation, I have seen that the more I turn to Jesus to find fulfillment in Him, the more I am satisfied.  The more I walk in His grace in yielded surrender, the more I experience true life.  The more I embrace and stand on His Word, by His strength, the more He transforms me and I experience His joy.  It is the most amazing life to live!

This is the amazing life Jesus is calling you to live.  This life is only possible through Jesus.  It is a life in Him of unmatched joy, fulfillment, purpose, and impact.  A life that results as Jesus fills you and enables you to live according to what you were created for.

Let the reality of it forever make you lose your taste for anything else.


Receive His grace to embrace Jesus as your Savior from your sins, surrender to Him as the one in charge of your life, base your life on His Word, and allow Him to reveal to you the unparalleled joy of the life He created you to live!

Nothing compares.




----

{We will be looking at aspects of this abundant life more specifically in the days and topics to come.  We wanted to start by painting a picture of the life for which you were created.  As we begin, know that this is the amazing life He is calling you to live!  We are so excited to look to Jesus together more in the days to come!} 

2 comments:

  1. It absolutely took my breath away when you quoted "To Receive His grace to embrace Jesus as our Savior from our sins, surrender to Him as the one in charge of our life, base your life on His Word, and allow Him to reveal to you the unparalleled joy of the life He created for me to live!" Jesus is so amazing and sometimes it's hard to stay on the right path to him. Jesus is teaching me on how to Obey my parents in the Lord for this is right. In the bible it doesn't say to obey them when you think their right, It says for in the Lord for this is right. God has taught me to obey my mom and learn to trust her even when I disagree. I love my mom and even though my earth father abandoned me I have my heavenly father who loves me and takes care of me. And that is what makes my day, Just knowing that Jesus is taking care of me and my family.
    ~Tori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh to have a purpose in life, dear sisters! Only Jesus Christ gives true meaning and purpose to life! Only Jesus Christ gives true rest and peace in this world of chaos and unrest! Only Jesus Christ truly satisfies the longings of my soul! There’s no true joy in wandering aimlessly through life. The Lord gave me this verse for the New Year: Exodus 33:14 ~ “And He said, My presence shall go with thee and I will give thee rest.” The Lord is so good! He meets me right where I am, right when I need Him! Oh the importance of filling my mind with His Truth daily! A hymn that means so much to me…
    ~ Satisfied with Thee, Lord Jesus ~ By Henry Bennett & Mrs. C. Wellesley ~
    Satisfied with Thee, Lord Jesus, I am blest;
    Peace which passeth understanding, on Thy breast;
    No more doubting, no more trembling, Oh, what rest! Oh, what rest!
    Occupied with Thee, Lord Jesus, in Thy grace;
    All Thy ways and thoughts about me only trace
    Deeper stories of the glories of Thy grace, of Thy grace.
    Taken up with Thee, Lord Jesus, I would be;
    Finding joy and satisfaction all in Thee;
    Thou the nearest and the dearest unto me, unto me.
    Listening for Thy shout, Lord Jesus, in the air!
    When Thy saints shall rise with joy to meet Thee there;
    O what gladness! No more sadness, sin nor care, sin nor care.
    Sisters Seeking our Savior’s Face~
    Alyssa Hage
    My Life Verse: Psalm 16:11 ~ “Thou wilt show me the path of life: in Thy presence is fullness of joy; at Thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore.”

    ReplyDelete