Friday, February 12, 2010

Encouragement Card Ministry - Elizabeth's Testimony

A little note of introduction from Amy - I asked my assistant Elizabeth to share about a special ministry that the Lord has given her through writing cards of encouragement. So many times the Lord has encouraged my heart through her cards. This is something that you can do from your home that can be a huge source of blessing and encouragement to others in their walks with the Lord!

~
Elizabeth writes:
I started writing letter’s when I was a young girl and loved especially receiving them!
I have continued to write letters but with a special purpose in mind and that is to be an encouragement to others. The Lord has shown me at different times who I am to write to and different Bible verses that would especially speak to their heart.

I have a precious friend who’s name is Anna and during the years she attended Bible school I wrote her letters. She mentioned to me a specific letter I had written that God used to speak to her in a special way. At the time of this letter, Anna felt like the people around her were misunderstanding her heart. The Lord used these Bible verses in the letter to bring encouragement to Anna, Ps. 62:7-8 “My salvation and my honor depend on God; He is my mighty rock, my refuge. Trust in Him at all times, O people; pour out your hearts to Him, for God is our refuge." It was reassuring to Anna that God knew her heart and she could find refuge in Jesus.


Sending letters is a special blessing! Remember this small act of love in writing letters can be such a blessing to the people in your life! So, when you hear of somebody who is extra tired, sick, or going through a difficult time, think about sending a letter and ask God what you should write!!!