Tuesday, September 22, 2009

More Summer Challenge Testimonies

Here are some more powerful testimonies from the Summer Challenge! We hope they encourage you as much as they did us!


"I am so glad that I got to do the Summer Challenge. I learned more about God than I ever knew. Before this challenge I never really read the Bible. I would read it, but I never thought about what the Lord was saying, and how it applied to my life. I also thought that the Old Testament was boring and irrelevant to my life. Now I know that there are some awesome lessons to be learned from it.

By spending time with the Lord each day, I was able to clearly hear His instructions for my life. He showed me parts of my life that needed attention. With His help I was able to work on it and make a change. I am amazed by how much I grew in the Lord and how much He taught me...

I plan to continue in devotions and memorizing verses."

~ A.G.

~

"God has really blessed me through the Summer Challenge! There is no way that I would have spent 1,715 minutes in His Word without this incentive to spend time with Him. This challenge motivated me to read my Bible every day and memorize Scripture. I will keep doing this, by God’s grace, for the rest of my life!"

~ Sarah

~

"This summer challenge has really blessed me! I feel like I’ve gotten closer to God during this time. I’m still gonna do devotions even though its done (The Summer Challenge).

I have verses that helped me when I wasn’t able to go to sleep. Psalm 4:8 “I will both lay me down in peace and sleep; for Thou, Lord, only makest me dwell in safety.” The other is Hebrews 4:16 “Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need.” These Bible verses were an encouragement to me."

~ Krista