Wednesday, May 13, 2009

What Are You Feeding On?

One morning recently, I was running around the house, getting ready to leave for something. (These have been very full days, which have not allowed much time to post on the blog!) As I was getting ready, I was quickly eating some grapes for breakfast. I was getting ready so fast that I wasn’t really paying attention to the grapes I was eating... but, I thank the Lord that I quickly looked at one right before I ate it - and it was going bad. I was so grateful to have looked at what I was eating at that moment!

It made me think of our lives... We are constantly feeding our hearts, minds, and souls on something and it is impacting our lives. Often we don’t think about what we are feeding ourselves, but it is making a big difference. Just like what we physically eat impacts our physical body, so what we “feed on” internally impacts us internally.

This includes what we:
- Think about - Read - Watch - Listen to - Etc.

We want the things that we are feeding our mind, soul, and hearts upon to be things that will nourish us and cause us to grow in our walk with the Lord - not things that will do us no good, or even damage us spiritually!

Things that will help us include:
- His Word
- His character
- What He has done in our lives
- Hymns and songs of worship
- Prayer
- Things that point us to Jesus

Let’s ask ourselves these questions today -
What am I feeding on?
What is the quality of the things I am feeding on?
What will the results of feeding on this be?
What is my goal in life?
Am I feeding on things that will help me with this goal?

Let’s feed ourselves on things that will help us towards our goal to love the Lord more!

Psalm 37:3, (NKJV) “Trust in the LORD, and do good; Dwell in the land, and feed on His faithfulness.”